Monsanto Mafia at it Again: EU Countries Have NO RIGHTS
Explore posts in the same categories: "Crise" Alimentar, "Crise" Económica, "União" Europeia, GMO, Governo Amiguinho, Monsanto, Natureza Global
Current status of GMOs in Europe:
- Only two GMO crops are approved to be grown by EU farmers: Monsanto’s MON810 corn and the BASF’s Amflora potato.
- The license for MON810 corn is up for renewal this year, with pressure coming from both the pro and anti-GMO forces.
- Dozens of GMO crops can be imported into Europe,
- Last month for the first time judges allowed GMOs in small amounts as contaminants in other crops (this has been an issue with imported GMO alfalfa).
- The US has been lobbying hard to get all restrictions removed, considering it an issue of unfair trade (with GMOs making up 95% of US corn and soybean production, it does limit what we can export).